The main objectives of this introductory course are:
1) To introduce the fundamental geophysical investigation techniques and the use of the proper geophysical application for specific projects;
2) To introduce students to geophysical data collection methods;
3) To introduce geopysical data analyses and interpretations.
After successfully completing this course, delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terms, concepts and principles of geophysical exploration.
- Be aware of the relevant physical properties of Earth materials for geophysical interpretation.
- Identify the appropriate geophysical exploration techniques for a given natural resource exploration program or environmental investigation.
- Be aware of the value and limitations of the application of geophysical techniques in geological interpretation of the Earth.
- Understand the nature of the Earth’s physical properties and their usefulness in practical natural resource exploration or environmental investigation.
- Understand the economic and logistical limitations of geophysical techniques.
Duration: 5 days
Course Topics include:
- Gravity Methods
- Resistivity Methods
- Magnetic Method
- Electromagnetic Method
- Radiometrics and geochronology
- Induced Polarisation Method
- Seismic Methods
- Wireline techniques
This basic course is designed for personnel seeking a general knowledge and overview of Exploration aspect, Geophysical Method, and how to interpret the geophysical data in oil and gas exploration field.