Well Design and Engineering integrates all major well design technologies from pre-spud to TD. Participants are actively engaged in every aspect of the technical activities required to deliver a cost-effective well plan while also gaining valuable perspective on how the overall process should be managed in a dynamic team environment. The workshop content is often customized to address technologies and practices that may be specific to a project or operational situation. The course delivery is carefully balanced to integrate technical lectures and group discussion with roughly half of each day allotted for the teams to apply what they have learned on the project well design.
The single most important goal of the workshop is to draw the linkages between the design topics and to leave the participants with an understanding that each decision has influence on those that follow.
Duration: 5 days
- Prospect Evaluation
- Offset wells analysis
- Logging requirements and interpretation
- Pore pressure and fracture pressure determination/estimation.
- Abnormal pressure detection
- Determination of casing setting depths and number of casing strings
- Determination of casing grades by different methods
- Drilling fluid formulation and design
- Drill string and BHA design
- Cement formulation and design (single stage and two stage)
- Well trajectory design
- Rig requirements and sizing
- Directional control
- Drill bit design and selection
- Mud and bit hydraulic design and hole cleaning
- Hole Problems (stuck, lost of circulation , fishing , blowouts)
- High Pressure & High Temperature Wells
- Well Costing
Drilling engineers, Completion Engineers, Geologists and Drilling Supervisors involved with drilling operations and well planning